News & Tips
Everyday tips for your gums
Maintaining healthy gums is an important aspect of overall oral health. In addition to regular brushing and flossing, there are a few simple things you can do every day to keep your gums in good shape.
First, be sure to brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. This will help remove plaque, the sticky film of bacteria that can build up on your teeth and gums. Be gentle when brushing your gums, as vigorous scrubbing can irritate them.
Next, floss your teeth at least once a day to remove any food particles or plaque that may be trapped between your teeth. Be sure to use a gentle sawing motion when flossing and avoid snapping the floss into your gums.
Another important tip is to avoid tobacco products, as they can irritate your gums and increase your risk of gum disease. If you currently use tobacco products, consider talking to your dentist or healthcare provider about ways to quit.
In addition to your daily oral hygiene routine, be sure to visit your dentist regularly for cleanings and check-ups. Your dentist can help you identify any potential gum problems and provide you with personalized advice for maintaining healthy gums.
Finally, pay attention to your diet. Eating a balanced diet that is low in sugar and processed foods can help keep your gums healthy. In addition, foods that are high in vitamins C and D, such as citrus fruits and fatty fish, can support gum health.
In conclusion, maintaining healthy gums requires a combination of daily oral hygiene, regular dental visits, and a healthy diet. By following these simple tips, you can keep your gums in good shape and prevent gum disease.
Call us today to arrange your dental check up appointment
- How does dental health affect your overall health?
- Everyday tips for your gums
- What is a dental crown, and why do we require one?
- The top three tips for brushing your teeth like a dentist
- Why we get sensitive teeth, and what can be done about it?
- Things every person with dentures needs to know
- How do I get rid of bad breath?
- How often do I need a new toothbrush?
- Fun ways to get your kid to brush their teeth
- How does your oral health affect your mental health?