News & Tips
How do I get rid of bad breath?
Bad breath can be a major problem, having bad breath can be super embarrassing. Occasional bad breath is one thing, but chronic halitosis (that’s the clinical term we use for bad breath) can affect everything from your private to your professional life.
When you know what causes bad breath, you can treat it easier
Bad breath is caused by certain food, poor dental hygiene or medical condition.
Bacteria that grow in the mouth. When you don’t brush and floss regularly, bacteria accumulate on the bits of food left in your mouth and between your teeth. The sulfur compounds released by these bacteria make your breath smell.
The good news is that bad breath can often be prevented with some simple steps:
1. Brush and floss more often.
Brush your teeth at least two times each day, and floss at least once.
2. Use a tongue scraper
The build-up of food left on your tongue, this build up can attract bacteria which are the main source of bad breath
3. Use a mouth rinse.
Besides freshening your breath, a mouthwash adds extra protection by getting rid of bacteria. A fresh minty taste can make you feel good.
4. Stop Smoking.
Besides causing cancer, smoking can damage your gums, stain your teeth, and give you bad breath.
And if you tried all the above and you still can’t get rid of bad breath, call us on 0402 111 580 and arrange an appointment to see one of our dentists and we will help you.
- How does dental health affect your overall health?
- Everyday tips for your gums
- What is a dental crown, and why do we require one?
- The top three tips for brushing your teeth like a dentist
- Why we get sensitive teeth, and what can be done about it?
- Things every person with dentures needs to know
- How do I get rid of bad breath?
- How often do I need a new toothbrush?
- Fun ways to get your kid to brush their teeth
- How does your oral health affect your mental health?