News & Tips
Teeth Whitening Tips for Lasting Results!
Teeth Whitening Do’s
- Visit Mascot Dental Centre for a regular checkup and professional clean.
- Make sure to brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day.
- Make sure the tooth-paste you use is designed for after teeth whitening speaks with your dentist for the best recommendation.
- After the treatment only consume light-colored foods and beverages for the following week.
- Types of food that are perfect for consuming after your treatment are white yogurt, chicken breast without the skin, Cauliflower, Whitefish, Egg whites, Peeled potatoes, Bananas, milk, lemonade any clear alcohol such as vodka soda or gin and tonic.
- Follow all your dentists after care instructions so you can achieve the best results.
Teeth Whitening Don’ts
- Avoid drinking any dark coloured beverages such as coffee, tea, red wine, or anything that might stain your teeth.
- Avoid foods such as dark chocolate, red meat, bolognese sauce, soy sauce, and fruits with dark colored juice such as blueberries & blackberries for at least 1 week after your treatment as they can cause stainings.
- Strictly avoid any Smoking for the first 24 hours as it will stain your teeth.
- For the first 24 hours avoid using any colored mouthwash or toothpaste as it can cause staining
- Consume acidic food and drinks within 24 hours as it may cause the treatment to wear down on your teeth.
Book in for an appointment here at Mascot Dental Centre and we’ll advise you on the best results for your Teeth Whitening.
- How does dental health affect your overall health?
- Everyday tips for your gums
- What is a dental crown, and why do we require one?
- The top three tips for brushing your teeth like a dentist
- Why we get sensitive teeth, and what can be done about it?
- Things every person with dentures needs to know
- How do I get rid of bad breath?
- How often do I need a new toothbrush?
- Fun ways to get your kid to brush their teeth
- How does your oral health affect your mental health?